Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bloggin, and back to school

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything. I actually am getting a little more into blogging though.

First, I've got a Google Reader account, and so now I'm keeping up with lots of blogs. I've really been enjoying that!

Second, I've been working on a blog for my future mother in law's dance studio...found here...They have a website, but in order to save money, we're making a blog to link to that so we can continually provide updated info. without having to pay for extra pages or the designer to have to update it.

So, if I decide to get more into blogging, I'll let you know. I may switch over to WP just because that's what I've been using for my church's blog, and for GSDA's blog, and so I'm more familiar with that.

Finally, to continue a tradition between me and Vanessa (this is the 3rd year) I must provide her with the following....



Ooooooooohhhhh
Back to school
Back to school
I've got my shoes tied tight
My lunch packed right
I hope I don't get in a fight!
Oooooooooohhhhhhhh
Back to school
Back to school
(- Billy Madison)

School is so cool! And you're a fool if you don't like school!

See, Ernie likes school....
Ernie is fixing that bow tie, and making sure his name tag is legible so he can have a great first day! Ernie is no fool.
















But you may ask, what happens if I don't like school? What if I don't want to go?
...............
.....................
..........................
.............................
.................................

This guy didn't like school....
He thought he was too cool for school. But now he wishes he hadn't be a fool!
















This guy didn't either. And all though this guy may look happy.....


He would actually tell you dropping out of school was the
worst choice he ever made.
















Finally, heed the words of one of the most influential, and wisest men of our generation...........
...........
...............
.....................
...........................
..................................

Mr. T:



















Preach it Mr. T. Mr. T. said "Get to reading, stay in school. You don't have to carry a gun." It doesn't get any truer than that.

Have a wonderful first day!

(Ok, if you're wondering, 3 years ago Vanessa was not looking forward to starting school. So I made this hideous looking poster...it was hot pink, with lots of glitter, and had the Ernie picture, and a homeless guy, and a picture of Disney princesses going to school, and a lot of the same phrases written in it...to cheer her up. Then last year Ernie made another appearance in a letter I gave her to make her excited. I almost didn't do anything this year, but Vanessa reminded me, and so here it is.) Enjoy!

No comments: